Henning Mediation & Arbitration Service, Inc.
N.S. (Ken) Kendrick, III, Esq.
- University of Georgia, B.A., Magna Cum Laude (1970-1974)
- University of Georgia, J.D. (1977)
BAR ADMISSION: Georgia 1977
LEGAL EMPLOYMENT & EXPERIENCE:
- President; Kendrick Conflict Resolution, LLC (to Present)
- Partner; Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice; head of the Atlanta Business Litigation Group (1996-2010)
- Partner, Johnson & Montgomery (1988-1996)
- Fishman, Freeman & Kendrick (1982-1988)
- General Practice in Marietta, commercial transactions and litigation
- Litigated and arbitrated business matters in State and Federal trial courts including GA, TX, AL, FL, SC, TN, NY, MA, IN and KY.
- Appeared and argued before 5th, 11th and 2nd Circuit Courts of Appeal
- State Bar of Georgia, Chairperson ADR Section (1998)
- Co-founder of ADR Section of the State Bar, Chairperson (1997)
ADR TRAINING, EXPERIENCE & PHILOSOPHY:
- Harvard Law School Program of Instruction in Mediation
- Received training in the arbitration of international commercial disputes under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce
- Worked with Ed Henning and others to organize the first annual Georgia ADR Institute, served as a panelist on the first two institutes and as Co-chair of the Institute. (1996)
- Philosophy: to avoid "cookie cutter" approach to mediation and arbitration and to design a process for each dispute based on the problems and personalities involved.
RECENT SUCCESSFUL MEDIATIONS:
- Two national class action cases (neither pending in Georgia) involving a total of over twenty law firms
- License dispute between a large Japanese technology manufacturer and its primary US customer
- Post dissolution corporate dispute between former business owners
- Contact dispute between two aircraft manufacturers regarding the production of a highly specialized project for a foreign government
- Dispute regarding failed software implementation between a major enterprise software vendor and a multi-national corporation
ESTIMATED NUMBER OF CASES HANDLED:
Several hundreds of business cases both as an advocate and as a neutral.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Shareholder Disputes
- Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions
- Partnership, accounting and dissolution
- Professional Negligence in business matters
- Consumer Class Actions
- State and Federal business RICO claims
- Commercial Insurance/Reinsurance
- Claim between financial institutions
N.S. (Ken) Kendrick, III
Please submit your request by clicking your
available day and completing our simple date request form