Thomas W. Tobin
Thomas W. Tobin was in private practice as a litigator for both Plaintiffs and Defendants before becoming heavily involved in ADR in 1986. He has mediated over 4,500 civil cases including mass torts and class actions, representing over 1.5 billion dollars in settlements. He is currently the longest tenured mediator at Henning Mediation, having been on the panel since our inception. Tom has a particular interest in automobile product defect cases due to his experience in automobile racing.
- J.D. University of Florida, (1980)
- B.A. University of Florida, (1977)
Legal Employment & Experience
- Mr. Tobin is the former Co-Executive Director of United States Arbitration & Mediation of the South. As a practicing attorney and as a former partner in Tobin & Hoffspiegel, he specialized in civil litigation with an emphasis on personal injury cases and commercial matters. He has been a defense attorney in the area of asbestos litigation and has been trained as a neutral by the Manville Personal Injury Trust.
- Mr. Tobin is a former Magistrate Judge for Cobb County, Georgia and is a State-Certified Mediator. As a State Certified Mediation Trainer, he instructed over 200 attorneys and numerous Emory University and Georgia State law students.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Products Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Senior Care Facilities
- Automobile Defects
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Sexual Misconduct