Please submit your request by clicking your preferred available day and completing our simple date request form.
What is Pending? Another client has already requested this date for this mediator however that request has not been confirmed. If you wish to be put next in line for this date and mediator, please complete and submit the form or give us a call at 770-955-2252.
Alan F. Herman
Make the right choices
Alan F. Herman brings 42 years of trial experience to Henning Mediation. He tried cases before juries in Georgia State and Superior Courts, Federal Courts and out-of-state venues before his retirement as an attorney. Both personable and results-oriented, Alan has mediated numerous cases to resolution as counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants, and as a mediator in cases presented to him by others. His key competencies include cases arising from construction-related incidents, premises liability, trucking and auto collisions, professional liability, insurance disputes, breach of contract matters, and cases arising from negligence.
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, AB Psychology (1966 - 1970)
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, JD (1970 - 1973)
- Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young, LLP (Senior Partner, 1973 - 2016)
- Forty-two years as a trial lawyer.
- Obtained jury verdicts for both plaintiffs and defendants which he represented over the course of his career.
- Mediated as counsel in cases for both plaintiffs and defendants to agreed-upon and successful resolution.
- Mediated as a mediator cases presented for his consideration among and between other parties.
Honors & Professional Associations
- Named by Best's as one of the Best Lawyers in America in the field of personal injury (2004 - 2016)
- Selected by peers as a Georgia Super lawyer (2004 - 2016)
- Member of the State Bar of Georgia.
- Previously associated with numerous organizations in the areas of his expertise prior to retirement.
- Served as national counsel in product liability matters.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage
- Professional Negligence (Medical, Legal, & Misc Malpractice Claims)
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Construction Litigation
- General Claims of Negligence
- Insurance Disputes
- Bad Faith Litigation