Please submit your request by clicking your preferred available day and completing our simple date request form.
What is Pending? Another client has already requested this date for this mediator however that request has not been confirmed. If you wish to be put next in line for this date and mediator, please complete and submit the form or give us a call at 770-955-2252.
Nicholas C. Moraitakis
Nicholas C. Moraitakis began his career with a litigation defense firm that represented insurance companies and self-insured companies. In 1993, Nick began a plaintiff’s practice, representing individuals injured or killed as a result of medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, trucking accidents, automobile accidents, product liability, premises liability and other negligent and intentional acts. Nick has litigated a number of cases in State, Superior and Federal Courts to successful conclusions. He has also served as lead counsel for presentation of oral argument in many cases before the Georgia Court of Appeals and the Georgia Supreme Court.
- J.D. Emory Law School (1977)
- B.A. in Political Science, Emory College of Emory University (1974)
- Georgia (1977)
Legal Employment & Experience
- Fain, Gorby, Reeves & Moraitakis (Associate Partner, 1977 - 1985)
- Gorby, Reeves, Moraitakis & Whiteman (Partner, 1985 - 1993)
- Mills, Moraitakis, Kushel & Pearson (Partner, 1993 - 1999)
- Moraitakis and Kushel, LLP (Partner, 2000 to present)
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Legislative Chairman and member of the Executive Committee
- American Association of Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates and Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
Professional Experience & Honors
- Litigated and arbitrated business matters in State, Superor and Federal trial courts, the Georgia Court of Appeals and the Georgia Supreme Court
- 2011 Recipient, "Tradition of Excellence Award", General Practice and Trial Section, State Bar of Georgia
- As a defense lawyer, Mr. Moraitakis tried in excess of sixty cases to verdict involving automobile and truck accidents, product liability, negligent security claims, slip and fall accidents and insurance contracts among others.
- While with his defense litigation firm, Nick began developing a plaintiffs practice and successfully litigated product liability cases against major US and foreign automakers involving product liability issues. Nick was also lead counsel in a highly publicized case against Atlanta Hospital. The end result was a very successful resolution prior to trial.
- In 1993, Mr. Moraitakis began a plaintiffs practice dedicated exclusively to the representation of individuals injured or killed as a result of medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, trucking accidents, automobile accidents, product liability, premises liability and other negligent and intentional acts.
- Has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a multitude of cases and has litigated nearly one hundred cases to verdict
- Successfully argued the case of Keenan v. Plouffe to the Georgia Supreme Court, which resulted in a landmark decision holding that a defendant physician, a faculty member of the Medical College of Georgia, was not immune from suit under the Georgia Tort Claims Act.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Law
- Professional Negligence
- Products liability
- Premises Liability
- Insurance Defense
- Nursing Home disputes
- Wrongful Death